Sunday, February 11, 2007

Why I'm Writing

This blog was inspired mostly as a result of the teaching I have received attending First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley. Our pastor, Mark Labberton, has been communicating God's heart for justice to us for some time now. The first experience that really opened my eyes was the Jesus and Evangelical Power conference that was held in Oct 2006 at First Pres. There were four speakers, each from a different area of the world, and they spoke hard truths to us in love. More recently I've been taking a five-week class that was offered at the church (today was the last day) entitled "Ethics from Another World... For This World" taught by David Gill. In addition, I was very recently given the opportunity to move into the role of "Community Manager" at my company. All of these things combined have gotten me thinking and I need a place to write things down and organize these thoughts - hence this blog is born. I will be posting notes from the Jesus and Evangelical Power conference, notes from the ethics class and various sermons given at First Pres, along with my thoughts of how this can possibly tie into my new role at work and other ways that we can be living justice in our world.

No comments: